The printed circuit board is an important electronic component, a support for electronic components, and a provider of circuit connections for electronic components. Before the appearance of printed circuit boards, the interconnection between electronic components relied on the direct connection of wires to form a complete circuit. Now, the circuit breadboard only exists as an effective experimental tool, and the printed circuit board has become an absolute dominant position in the electronics industry. At the beginning of the 20th century, in order to simplify the production of electronic machines, reduce the wiring between electronic parts, and reduce the production cost, people began to study the method of replacing wiring with printing.
Since the production of printed circuit boards is in the second half of electronic equipment manufacturing, it is called the downstream industry of the electronics industry. Almost all electronic devices require the support of printed circuit boards, so printed circuit boards have the highest market share in the global electronic component products. At present, Japan, mainland China, Taiwan region of China, Western Europe and the United States are the main printed circuit board manufacturing bases.
According to the analysis data of Prismark and the report released by the Industrial Securities R&D Center, changes in PCB application structure and product structure reflect the future development trend of the industry. In recent years, along with the decline in the output value of single/double-layer PCBs and multilayer PCBs, the output value of HDI PCBs, packaging substrates, and flexible PCBs has increased, indicating that the growth in the fields of computer motherboards, communication backplanes, and automotive boards is relatively slow. HDI boards, packaging boards and flexible boards for high-end mobile phones, notebook computers and other “thin, light and small” electronic products will also maintain rapid growth.
Five development trends of PCB
· High-Density Interconnect Technology (HDI) ─ HDI embodies the most advanced technology of contemporary PCB, which brings fine wire and small aperture to PCB.
· Component embedding technology with strong vitality ─ Component embedding technology is a huge change in PCB functional integrated circuits. PCB manufacturers must invest more resources in systems including design, equipment, testing, and simulation to maintain strong vitality.
· PCB material conforming to international standards – high heat resistance, high glass transition temperature (Tg), small thermal expansion coefficient, and small dielectric constant.
· Promising Optoelectronic PCBs – it uses the optical circuit layer and circuit layer to transmit signals, the key to this new technology is to manufacture the optical circuit layer (optical waveguide layer). It is an organic polymer formed by lithography, laser ablation, reactive ion etching and other methods.
· Update the manufacturing process and introduce advanced production equipment.
PCB shift to halogen free
With the improvement of global environmental awareness, energy conservation and emission reduction has become a top priority for the development of countries and enterprises. As a PCB company with a high emission rate of pollutants, it should be an important responder and participant in energy conservation and emission reduction.
- Development of microwave technology to reduce solvent and energy usage when manufacturing PCB prepregs
- Research and develop new resin systems, such as water-based epoxy materials, to reduce the hazards of solvents; extract resins from renewable resources such as plants or microorganisms, and reduce the use of oil-based resins
- Find alternatives to leaded solder
- Research and develop new, reusable sealing materials to ensure the recyclability of devices and packages, and ensure disassembly
PCB manufacturers are committed to improving
- PCB precision ─ reducing PCB size, width and space tracks
- PCB durability ─ in line with international standards
- High performance of PCB ─ reducing impedance and improving blind and buried via technology
- Advanced production equipment ─ imported production equipment from Japan, the United States and Europe, such as automatic electroplating lines, gold plating lines, mechanical and laser drilling machines, large plate pressing machines, automatic optical inspection, laser plotters and line testing equipment, etc.
- Human resource quality – including technical and managerial personnel
- Environmental protection pollution treatment – meet the requirements of environmental protection and sustainable development