With the acceleration of consumption upgrades, the competition in the high-end display market has become increasingly fierce. In order to meet the needs of consumers, all kinds of consumer electronics, IT and automotive products have begun to develop in the direction of energy saving, thinness, and high performance. Under this development trend, LCD has gradually been valued by major manufacturers with its unique advantages. Therefore, this article will introduce about LCD module.
What are the LCD module and its components
Liquid crystal display module or LCD module is an electronic component used to display images and texts. It consists of one or more liquid crystal screens, which can display texts, images and other information.
The working principle of the LCD module is that the liquid crystal screen is composed of a series of small pixels composed of liquid crystal molecules, and each pixel has an electrode. When a voltage is applied to the electrodes, the LCD molecules will emit light, thereby displaying images and text . The advantages of LCD modules are small size, low power consumption, fast response, can display multiple colors, and can work at low temperature, so they are widely used in electronic equipment.
Liquid crystal display module, abbreviated as LCM, that is, the entire part of the liquid crystal display without a casing, which includes a backplane, LED lights, reflective film, LGP, upper and lower diffusion films, and a backlight composed of a brightness enhancement film, that is, B/L.
Then, glass substrates, PCB boards and liquid crystals make up open-cell, then plus the casing, the backlight power supply and the LVDS signal of the open-cell are a complete liquid crystal display.
What’s the type of LCD module
Liquid crystal display module, according to the connection mode of liquid crystal display and liquid crystal display control driver, can be divided into three categories: surface mount LCD module, COB LCD module and COG LCD module.
1. Most of the surface-mounted LCD display modules use plastic LCD display drivers, plastic forms include DIP, SOP, PLCC and other forms, the advantages are excellent performance, easy maintenance, good temperature characteristics, the disadvantage is expensive, IC packaging volume is large.
2, COB LCD module is the liquid crystal display control driver directly packaged on the PCB printed circuit board, the advantage is space-saving, cost-effective, flexible production, the disadvantage is that the processing is more complicated, IC must be scrapped after failure.
3. COG LCD module is the liquid crystal display control driver IC directly packaged on the glass substrate of the liquid crystal display, the advantage is miniaturization, low cost, the disadvantage is that the processing is complex, mass production must be produced, and maintenance is difficult (after the failure, the LCD module needs to be scrapped as a whole).
What is the advantage and disadvantage of LCD module
The liquid crystal display module is an efficient, reliable, and low-cost display solution that can provide clear and vivid image and text display.
It can provide high-resolution images, can display complex graphics and text, and can provide Higher visibility.In addition, LCD modules can also provide lower power consumption, longer service life, smaller size, lower cost, higher reliability and higher programmability.
In addition, the low latency of LCD liquid crystal display modules can improve user experience, while the low cost can reduce the overall cost of products.
Therefore, LCD liquid crystal display modules are an ideal display solution that can meet the needs of various applications.
(1) The visual deflection angle is small.
(2) It is easy to produce image smearing phenomenon (such as rapid shaking of the mouse pointer).
(3) The brightness and contrast of the LCD display are not very good.
(4) LCD “dead pixels” problem.
(5) Limited lifespan.
How does LCD module work
LCD display module principle is realized through the physical characteristics of liquid crystal. The liquid crystal display module is composed of a liquid crystal panel, a backlight module, a driver IC and a control IC. The liquid crystal panel is composed of a layer of film and a layer of electrodes. When a voltage is applied to the electrodes, the liquid crystal molecules in the liquid crystal panel will change, thereby changing the light transmittance of the liquid crystal panel, thereby realizing the display effect.
The backlight module is composed of one or more LEDs. When the LED emits light, the liquid crystal molecules in the liquid crystal sheet will change, thereby changing the light transmittance of the liquid crystal sheet, thereby realizing the display effect. The driver IC and control IC are used to control the brightness of the LED and the voltage of the liquid crystal panel to achieve the display effect.
What are the applications of LCD module
1. Automotive industry: car dashboard, car entertainment system, car navigation system, etc.
2. Household appliances industry: TV sets, washing machines, air conditioners, refrigerators, etc.
3. Medical industry: medical instruments, medical equipment, etc.
4. Industrial control industry: industrial control equipment, industrial automation system, etc.
5. Consumer electronics industry: mobile phones, tablet computers, game consoles, etc.
How to choose the manufacturer of LCD module
When choosing a manufacturer of LCD modules, the following factors should be considered:
1. Product quality: have a complete product production line, and product inspection equipment.
2. Product price: Compared with many large factories, small factories with reliable quality have higher cost performance (the raw materials of the products can be purchased more).
3. Product technology: more than 5 years of product production inspection and self-built product research and development team.
4. Product service: Serving the production of well-known domestic brands, with a professional after-sales team.
5. Product certification: various production qualification certificates, vehicle certificates, environmental certificates, etc.
What’s the process of custom LCD module
1. Material preparation: Prepare the raw materials of the LCD module, including liquid crystal display, backlight module, circuit board, wiring board, etc.
2. Proofing: According to customer requirements, carry out proofing of LCD modules to determine the size, appearance, and functions of the modules.
3. Circuit board production: According to the proofing results, make the circuit board of the LCD module and install the electronic components.
4. Wiring board production: Make the wiring board of the LCD module, and install the electronic components on the wiring board.
5. Backlight module installation: Install the backlight module on the back of the LCD module to provide sufficient backlight.
6. LCD screen installation: Install the LCD screen in front of the LCD module to provide a good display effect.
7. Test: Test the LCD module to ensure that the function of the module is normal.
8. Packing: Pack the LCD module for transportation and sales.
The display components of power terminals, instrumentation, etc. are LCD liquid crystal display modules, which are equivalent to the picture tube in CRT. Other parts include power supply circuits, signal processing circuits and housings.
The module is mainly divided into screen and backlight components, and both parts contain a large number of components. The two parts are assembled together, but work independently of each other (i.e. the circuits are not related). The principle of liquid crystal display is that the backlight unit emits a uniform surface light, and the light is transmitted to our eyes through the LCD screen. The role of the LCD screen is to process these lights by pixels to display the image.
It refers to components that assemble peripheral circuits such as liquid crystal display devices, connectors, control and drivers, PCB circuit boards, backlights, structural parts, etc. together
1. Thin body, save space
2. Power saving, no high temperature
3. No radiation, good for good health
4. The picture is soft and does not hurt the eyes
For long-term storage (such as more than a few years), we recommend the following methods.
1) Place in a polyethylene pocket (preferably with an anti-static coating) and seal the mouth.
2) Store between -10-+35°C.
3) Place in a dark place away from strong light.
4) Do not press any items on the surface.
5) Strictly avoid storage under extreme temperature/humidity conditions, must be stored under special conditions, can also be stored at 40 °C, 85% RH, or 60 °C, less than 60% RH conditions, but should not exceed 168 hours.